Cercar en aquest blog

Compte enrere

15 de jul. 2020

Conversation between PM Rajoy and Catalan President Puigdemont

An extract from a recently launched book by Rt. Hon. Carles Puigdemont, 130th president of Catalonia.

Click to read the whole post, if need be.

... Mariano Rajoy [M. R.] "There's no reason for me to propose anything." 

Carles Puigdemont [C. P.] "I'm not asking you to propose anything. I'm asking you what solution you have to solve a problem that is also yours."  

M. R. "Well, the situation is what it is. And I don’t have to pull anything out of my hat."  

C. P. "It’s not about inventing anything.  There are those who have spoken publicly about a constitutional reform and there are other proposals. What do you think?"  

M. R. "A reform... what for? The thing is I don't see it, I don't see it."

C. P. "Then there is no solution to a problem which we both agree exists, and which we propose to solve through independence. What do you propose? Continuing as we are now?" 

M. R. "Yes, yes. I have come to govern... not for other things. There is what there is."


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada